Saturday 4th August 1000z to 2000z
For the second year running we have joined forces with VATSIM-UK who have both their Live! and Mid Summer Madness Controlling events this weekend to create a pilots challenge around the UK.
This years event is the Crystal Maze where Pilots will have to fly around the UK to pick up Crystals from various Zones (Airports) and bring them back to the Crystal Dome (Leeds Bradford International Airport).
Upon arrival at the Crystal Dome pilots will carry out a series of challenges on arrival to determine if they receive a Gold or Silver Ticket.
The winner will be the pilot with the most gold or silver tickets, will win an Orbx Scenery package of their choice.
Pilots can monitor their progress at www.twitch.tv/simfestuk where we will also be streaming live from the event.
1) Each pilot must start the challenge at Leeds (EGNM) and signal their intention to Leeds Tower that they wish to enter the competition
2) Each pilot can carry a maximum of two crystals on board their aircraft before heading back to Leeds to deposit them in the dome. For example EGNM-EGLL-EGKK-EGNM is acceptable. EGNM-EGLL-EGCC-EGPH-EGNM is not acceptable.
3) Upon arrival back at Leeds pilots will be asked a question, roll a dice or given a challenge in order to be given a silver or gold token.
4) A Gold Token is worth 1 point, a Silver token is worth -1 point.
5) The pilot with the most points at 2000z will be crowned the winner.
6) Visiting all airports within a zone will gain 1 bonus crystal
7) Visiting one airport in each zone will gain 1 bonus crystal
8) Pilots flying shared cockpit count as two seperate teams, for example each pilot can carry 2 crystals, total 4 in the aircraft.
This map will be updated on the day as new airports open up their ATC services. The start is as follows